Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

It will all work out


Saturday I felt emotionally bankrupt...so tired that I just told my very concerned DH to just leave me alone or else I might just bite:)  So many things were happening that I had no control over and my spirit was so disturbed and in revolt against what I could not change.

What an awesome God we serve....just these words of Romans 8:28 put me at peace."We know that all things work together for good to those who love God...."  It may not always seem so!  Sometimes when we are suffering heartbreak, tragedy, disappointment, frustration, and bereavement, we wonder what good can come out of it.  But this verse gives us hope and clarity; whatever God permits to come into our lives is designed to conform us to the image of His Son.  When we see this, it takes the question mark out of our intercessory prayers.  Our lives are not controlled by the impersonal forces such as chance, luck or fate, but by our wonderful, personal Lord and Saviour, who is "Too loving to be unkind and too wise to err."


In My Utmost for His highest Oswald Chambers writes:  "The circumstances of a saint's life are ordained of God.  In the life of a saint there is no such thing as chance.  God by His providence brings you into circumstances that you can't understand at all, but the Spirit of God understands.  God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you.  Never put yourself in front of your circumstances and say, "I'm going to be my own providence here; I will watch this closely, or protect myself from that."  (It is as if this was specially for me...that is exactly what I was saying to myself.)  All your circumstances are in the hand of God, and therefore you don't ever have to think they are unnatural or unique.

So with this in mind we went through a ceremony yesterday that went against the grain of everything I believe in to support one of our loved ones.  Thank you A, S and M for your wise counsel, your concern and your love.

13 comments:

  1. While it is true that we cannot always see the sun shining while engulfed by dark clouds, never the less it is shining and even when we can't feel His love, never the less is is always there for us.
    Sterkte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of and praying for you Lynette. It's so beautiful that even while you are in the middle of your dark cloud, you still channel the sunlight to the rest of us! You are beautiful - inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a good mom. xxxx

    and i sit here and weep with you. not much makes any sense. all we can do is cling to Him. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lynette, this is a beautiful message,thank you for sharing this with everybody, you are in my thoughts and prayers, have a great day!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Lynette! I am so sorry for the heart ache you are going through. But - you are right. Whilst in the midst of personal turmoil, it is hard to see the bigger picture. But - have faith! It WILL all work out! Praying for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend - so unnecessary and such heartache and turmoil and upset.

    Glad tho that you went yesterday. Knowing you i don't think you would ever have forgiven yourself had you not gone.

    It will all work out in the end. It may just be a very long journey.

    YOu know where I am if you need a shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was also great for me to hear Lynette - it seems "tailor made" for your circumstances but is also tailor made for mine...that is the beauty of the scriptures...somehow God gets us to see/hear/read what we need to, when we need to. People will always disappoint but it only makes our faith stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In our bible lesson yesterday Psalm 139 was mentioned. As I read your post it makes me think of that and spacifically Psalm 139:5

    You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. NIV

    Know that God's hand is on your shoulder He is there for you at all times.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a very long journey, I know just how much those words can heal. I am still praying foe you, knowing that the God we serve NEVER, EVER let us slip from His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending: love and (((Lynette))).
    You are all on our hearts and in our prayers.
    Your beauty in trouble is a testimony to the One you serve

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have in mind Lynette that everyday we have a new sunshine, but the sun is always the same... So, it depends on our mind to go ahead... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just spent quite some time catching up with your blog, good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. romans 8:28... well, i depend on this verse a lot.. my husband passed on 12 years ago, ever since then, God has been taking care of me and my kids, supplying all our needs, giving us a comfortable life (if i may say so) and not allowing us to suffer beyond what we can endure..i truly believe in this verse that somehow He will bring us nearer to Him..and He does!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥