Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The big clean up.


I have taken a few days off work to spring clean.  I trust that as I get cupboard and drawers in order and carpets and walls clean, my jumbled thoughts will be put in order as well:)  I trust that as I purge my house of unnecessary things and rubbish that have accumulated over many years...that I will purge myself from negative thoughts.  Wynand's old room became my guest room when he married and it is still filled with things that he left behind.  Lately I have not even been able to scrap because of the untidiness of my study...so it is purge, purge and more purging.
**********************************************************************

I have been tagged by Desire. The rules are - I need to pass this award to five people, post on their blog that I left this award, and then I need to answer a list of questions in one word (Huh?...not possible)Please note this post was drafted on Saturday so things might have changed since then. Here goes:

1. Where is your cell phone? Dunno
2. Your hair?on my head
3. Your mother? Kidds Beach
4. Your father? Kidds Beach
5. Your favorite food? Lamb knuckle
6. Your dream last night? Don't reach REM sleep so no dreaming for me:(
7. Your dream/goal? Reaching as many people for Christ as possible.

8. Your favorite drink? coffee
9. What room are you in? study
10. Your hobby? Scrapping
11. Your fear? That I will not be sensitive to the voice of the Lord

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? I am happy with right here
13. Where were you last night? home watching rugby with DH

14. Something that you aren't? negative
15. Muffins? Chocolate
16. Wish list item?Getting my car back before Christmas
17. Where did you grow up? Port Elizabeth
18. Last thing you did? jumped on the trampoline with Christian
19. What are you wearing? bermuda pants and top
20.Your TV? Plasma
21. Your Pets? Sharpei's Smokey and Nala
22. Friends? Only a few....but very precious

23. Your life? Happy

24. Your mood? tired and a little sad
25. Missing Someone? Ansie
26. Vehicle?  Red Peugeot 307HDi (when I get it back one day)
27. Something your not wearing? shoes
28. Your favorite store? Don't like shopping

29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed?I laugh a lot
31. Last time you cried? this morning
32. Your best friend? Ansie
33. One place that I go to over and over? Plettenberg Bay
34. Facebook? nope not for me
35.Favorite place to eat? Ginger

Now just look at that spacing...blogger is doing it's own thing again today.  Schucks...I can't only tag 5 people...you know that I read your blogs and love them so you are tagged.

13 comments:

  1. thanks lynett, will do so!! yap, we do need to clean out, makes you feel better for sure!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how cleaning out some clutter seems like cleaning out you soul too! My cupboard are never cleaner than when I have to mark exam papers, (LOL) anything, ever cleaning- the horror of all horrors -seems better than trying to mark essays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Lynette, after reading your post, i feel so guilty.. have been putting off tidying and spring cleaning for a number of months already, i guess i better do it before christmas.. gosh!! christmas is indeed coming nearer and nearer.. have u prepare all your gifts yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Reana...I don't even want to think about Christmas yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think my house need some cleaning up too =P

    kenwooi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purging is indeed very good for the soul.

    After my big shop last week I came home and sorted like a maniac. Revamped our bedroom, bathroom and my sunroom.

    And love the neatness and orderliness of it all. Especially gazing at my gorgeous selection of paper (that i'm yet to find inspiration to work with) in my paper stand!

    You're sounding happier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shayne...I guess I have made peace with leaving this in the hands of the Lord...I can't do anything. Cleaning and throwing out stuff is really helping:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is amazing what other people pick up on...for me the comment I see "tired and a little sad" ...
    Don't get me wrong I read about the purging too...but that isn't what stays with me.
    WIll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stefanie...I did the draft of the post on Saturday...I feel much better today:) See I am smiling?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see we 'not liking shopping' in common. Great to learn more about you and thanks for taking up the award.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette these posts/questionairres are such fun for the rest of us to read...we all seem to feel like Spring cleaning...maybe it's actually just one of the phenomenon's of Spring...that we all get that urge...and sorry to hear your car saga is still dragging on...I couldn't survive without mine but then I suppose I mainly use it for carting the kiddies around as I am not a shopper either...yawn...;-0

    ReplyDelete
  12. are you going to use your son's old room for your crafting once it's cleared out? that's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ja jong - I also purge and sort physically as it helps me to purge and sort mentally!

    Loved the tag - will stash it for a rainy day! (wahahahaha - every day is rainy here at the mo but you know what I mean ne?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥