Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Where have you left your fingerprints today?

Have you ever thought about it? We are meant to be a sweet aroma where ever we go. Ever noticed in a supermarket when you ask the cashier how she is, how her eyes light up? Making somebody's day costs nothing...all it takes is a smile and a kind word. I just love this poem...it just says it all:)
The Smile Virus
Russell H. Conwell

Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him .

I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!

Hope you have a happy weekend.

11 comments:

  1. So true. When i went to the new PnP at Hemmingways Mall I embarked on a long conversation with the cashier I went to. She was amazed (you could see by her expression) that i was so interested in her, but when I left she said 'Goodbye, hope to see you again here soon' with a big smile on her face!

    I love the poem, it's one i've often forwarded via email to my nearest and dearest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our choices affect others, seriously. Since working for Starbucks I will go out of my way to talk to someone that is working {I did this before but I have new appreciation for them as well now} I make sure to talk to them, smile with them, and tell them thank you because you never know where a person is at that point in time!

    This spoke volumes to me. But more so to me as a barista when I am serving people. There is often times where I don't want to be at work or make conversation with others but I must remember that even though they aren't behind the counter and I am, I don't know what is going on in their world and this encourages me to step aside of myself and ensure that I talk and speak to everyone with a smile! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good weekend too! Smiling IS infectious - we should all do it more often! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I love your posts. There is so much truth. So much to think about. Reading them encourages me to make changes in my life. Thank you for taking the time to share these with us. I know I am smiling more today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only wish that that applied everywhere...here I often get zero reaction from the tellers when I smile AND say hello...same with the drivers here...apparently KZN is known as the unfriendly province & I have to say that that does indeed seem to be the case here. However - I keep persevering & manage to raise a smile once in a while ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely way to start the weekend, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and just what I needed, how do you always know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your smile here just went round the world & back , Lynette ! ;)

    Hope you're having a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree ... smile and the world smiles back. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. That smile highlighted the importance of a smile in our life.
    My wish for you :SMILES and always SMILES in you life.
    Loved the poem.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥