Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Perceptions of truth.


I have come to know...
  • ...that for different people truth means different things.
  • ...truth can be covered in many shades of gray.
  • ...when a lie is told often enough it becomes the truth.
  • ...that some people can no longer distinguish between a lie and the truth.
  • ...that you can never trust someone that says "Trust me."
  • ... that I want to hear the truth even if it is going to hurt.
  • ...that I have zero tolerance for lies.
PS:  Before you start worrying about me...I am OK!

We just deal with so many lies.  I don't know if it is part of people's culture to lie or only a survival tool.  Sort of saving their own skins.  I just don't handle it very well.  I can walk many miles with somebody that tells the truth...even if that truth makes my hair stand on end.

xx