Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Perks of getting older


  • Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

  • Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them anyhow.
  • Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
  • People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
  • People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
  • There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
  • Things you buy now won't wear out.
  • You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
  • You can live without sex but not without glasses.
  • You enjoy hearing about other peoples' operations.
  • You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
  • You have a party and the neighbours don't even realize it.
  • You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
  • You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
  • You sing along with elevator music.
  • Your eyes won't get much worse.
  • Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
  • Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
  • In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
  • No one expects you to run into a burning building...actually nobody expects you to run…anywhere.
And you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience.But then again none of us are that old, and none of this applies to us...right?



16 comments:

  1. LOL! I think that half of them also applies to parents with young children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS had a good laugh now ... and I am not ashamed to say that one or two facts already apply to me.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...well they say you know you're getting older when happy hour is a nap & if I had an extra hour a snooze would be good ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and can identify with an amazing number of them...except the glasses one unless sunglasses count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! this is a good one Lynette!!
    Very funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL According to my DD I was officialy old the day I fell down the stairs at UJ and nobody laughed. All you could hear was a shocked : "Shame, dink jy die tannie is OK?" She, of course, was hanging onto the railings, laughing so hard I thought she was going to pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha.. Lynette, I love these quotes.. some of them apply to me somehow...i dont need sex but i surely need my glasses..all the time!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Lynette, allow me to add, that "If you are a wealthy old man or woman, then, you receive a lot of hugs until the end"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, just as I feared, i am getting old.

    more than a few of these apply to me.

    suppose i should just accept it now.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how very true. And the scary thing is that I can relate to it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Left an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to unwind today by reading this !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha! Oh sorry - IN CASE YOU COULD NOT READ THE SMALL PRINT - HAHAHAHAHA!
    Love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥