Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why do you blog?


I found this funny poster on http://www.despair.com/ and wondered about the truth of it. Why do I blog.....I mean, who would be interested in reading my blog?
  1. How long have you been blogging? One year

  2. Why did you start blogging? Initially to showcase my scrapbooking layouts...but that changed a lot over the year.

  3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Writing about things often puts things into perspective...and I have found the most amazing cyber friends through my blog.

  4. How many times a week do you post an entry? That depends on whether I have something to say or share.

  5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Many!

  6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes, I try to comment on every blog I visit.

  7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yes...I find it interesting to see from which countries my visitors come.

  8. If so, are you satisfied with your numbers?I don't really care about numbers...I just wish I could find a way of getting my visitors to de-lurk. If you haven't introduced yourself yet....please de-lurk.

  9. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote? No, not really, the ones I regretted I deleted...and I can always delete a post if I feel uncomfortable about it later on. I sometimes feel the need to blog about something personal but end up not doing it because I am afraid of offending family members.

  10. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I hope so, I try to be as real as I could possibly be.

  11. Do you blog under your real name? Yes, but I have often wondered about the wisdom of it.

  12. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yes.

  13. What is the theme/topic of your blog? It is about my life, my family and what is important to me.

  14. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? Yes. I have a blog that is supposed to keep the news of the Mission up to date...but I haven't blogged there in months.

  15. Have you ever deleted a comment from your blog? No, it has never been necessary...but if somebody should leave an offensive comment I would most definitely delete it.
Why do you blog?

12 comments:

  1. Yip, I agree with all 15 very valid points you have made.
    HAPPY SPRING DAY 2009
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha at that poster! Well I ALWAYS have something to say...at least that is what I am told! Whether people wish to read it...well thats a different story altogether. Will nip this quiz and post it my side during the week. xxx
    btw - I love your faithfulness when it comes to comments...you are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these questions! I'm going to have to copy them and think of my own answers.

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me thinbk too. Maybe I should answer those questions for myself too.
    Hope you are feeling a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit scared to answer this question - I know what I should be able to say: that I blog for me etc etc.

    But I'm not sure any more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blogging too, aren't our blogging buddies just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, we don't always have something to say, but when we do, we say it.... I blog, mostly for myself and as you said, it sometimes put life in perspective....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a clever list type thing... off to post it on my blog too so then you will know my "why I blog"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I have learn a lot about things since I started blogging. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee...everyone wants to pinch this list & so do I. Blogging is actaully so controversial at times isn't it - I never knew it would be! So come on over to my blog soon & you can read my thoughts...not that I have all the answers...sometimes I wonder why I DO blog LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette, this is SOOO true! Love it! I am going to post my answers on my blog soon! Thanks for sharing, I just love reading your blog, it is so fun and yet thought provoking (and of course your layouts make wonderful eye candy!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My blog name says it all. I blog "Just because I can"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥