Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Little Shop of Sketches #46

Here is this weeks sketch from Tanya Leigh at Little Shop of Sketches.
I loved working with this sketch and ended up doing two layouts based on the sketch. I used the Fancy Pants Summer Soire line for this layouts of DH and Lukas. I traced and handcut the waves borders and added the chipboard stars for a beach theme. In this layout you can see what ears are actually made for. To steer Oupa in the right direction of course!
The second layout was done with photos taken of Leane two weeks ago. I used We R Memory Keepers Tiffany printed paper and the little chipboard deer from the same line. The deer is fits nicely because I call all of my loved ones "bokkie" (little deer).

*********************************************************************************
I just love the Fancy Pants Summer Soire line. The colours just make me feel SOOOO happy. Here is a layout of Christian flying his kite at the beach front.
I am really enjoying my scrapping lately and I love scrapping recent photographs.
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Awesome work! I really love your go fly a kite!! It is so fun! The journaling around the picture is really a great touch! I love the great sunny feel to it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interpretations of the sketch and I love how much meaning there are always behind your layouts ... not just pretty pics.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder your had to do 2 lo's using this sketch! It's a beautiful sketch! Love all your LO's too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go"Bokkie"! now could you send some of your mojo to Cape Town?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! I just love what you did wit the sketch! Terrific LO's...I agree, that is such a great line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been attacking a few older photos recently because I am also loving scrapping current photos this year but getting SO behind on the older o9nes ;-D Lovely layouts as usual. We also did that sketch for JJ so I must upload & link to it for LSOS challenge. I love the yellow paper - actually bought some myself - must use it - so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynette! I keep forgetting to ask you if you want to join my "kit club crew" on that new kit club I featured on my blog the other day. I sent you all the details last week & e mailed you again this week about it. Did you get my e mails? I have not heard back from you but I did receive 2 blank e mails the other day so don't know what happened there...I have checked all their past kits & they are all incredible...I am happy to send the kit on to you & if you join my crew you save big time on the postage plus I get a quantity discount so all in all you save USD11 which is certainly worth it. I only have one other taker so there are 2 of us and I need another 4. If you know of anyone that you think may like to join in please tell them to e mail me & please could you e mail me as I am worried that I have an old e mail address. No problem if you are not interested - I am just wanting to get it up & going from the September kit if possible so need to know. Thanks ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! That summer one on the bottom is so simple and gorgeous Great take on the sketches too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layouts as allways! Is it that warm in PE already, or did you take the photos in summer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to do 2 layouts at least if you like the sketch ! fab takes & pics !

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are so sunny and fun, and i love Oupa's ear handle-bars. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so clever!!! Wish you could scrap my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layouts Lynette! Makes me want to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the LOs, Lynette, but those waves are something else! Handcut? I admire your patience! :)

    BTW...I thought of you in the grocery today. I cought "South African Naval oranges." ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥