Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend events

  • Yesterday was a terribly cold and windy (typical PE?) day. DH spent the day sorting out his garage. (read: repacking all the rubbish he can't bear to part with) I have offered to sort it out for him...but he wouldn't hear of it...I think his nerves would be shot if I had to do it, just imagine... an empty garage.
  • I retreated to my warm and sunny scraproom and scrapped to my heart content.I don't usually have Prima papers...but I have found a few pieces...so I decided to attempt this Build a Page sketch. These photos of Leane just seemed perfect for the layout. Whenever she comes to visit me...we walk to the playground around the corner from our home. She loves the slide. I have to get up behind her while she is on her way up...because she is way to wild and I will just die if she has to fall off. So when she reaches the top she tells me: "Af Ouma" (Go down Ouma) the reason is simple...Ouma has to catch her as she comes flying down the slide. Then she tells herself "sit" and she sits at the top of the slide...she then tells herself "los" (let go) and then down she comes yelling all the way. Last night we went to go and watch "My sisters keeper". Bianca and Marc sat and cried their eyes out...very sad movie. Not quite as good as the book...but good.
  • This morning we had to speak at the Lorraine Dutch reform church about the work that is being done at the Mission. Daunting... standing in front of so many people and actually talk...but it went well.
  • We picked up grand daugher Leane after church. It seems as if DS and DIL is going their separate ways again today. She is having lunch with her parents and he will be coming to us for lunch....so sad. Leane has recovered completely and is sound asleep on my bed. She is such a sweet little thing...this Ouma is smitten.

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Dankie vir jou 'comment' oor my bladsy van Ankie se verjaardag. Jy is baie welkom om met my te praat oor ons dogters se Epilepsie. Ankie is gediagnoseer toe sy 9 was, so vir ons is dit al ou nuus en so deel van ons lewe dat ons dit skaars agterkom. Daar is natuurlik dae en oomblikke wat dit baie vreesaanjaend kan wees.
    My e-pos adres is tertiaj at telkomsa dot net of bel my by 083 525 9596 of 011 896 4454 (Hoop nie hier is wierdo's wat jou blog lees en my gaan bel nie! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a stunning layout which will be treasured for quite a few generations to come. I love how Leane pep talks herself before sliding. Great colours and design.

    Hats off to you doing some public speaking about your passion in life ... I am sure it was a truly inspiration talk. Would have loved to be there.

    I feel for you re little Leane's parents. But thats life ...

    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute LO Lynette. I don't have the patience to sit and cut out things like that!

    Glad that Leanne is now better but feeling sad re the parents. What will be will be my friend.

    and well done on the public speaking. very brave of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this sketch Lynette, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Lynette! You really do love sketches - you certainly are the sketch Queen! And I love the Prima vine & it looks like you've been stitching! What a cute layout (the story & the photos are so special)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO Lynette! Love the bright pink paper - makes Leannes pink t-shirt pop right off the page!

    Public speaking - gives me the shivers just thinking about it! Glad it went well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shayne...not me cutting! The birdie is actually the edge of the Prima page...cute and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tertia...ek glo nie daar is enige weirdo's wat die blog lees nie...net lekker vriende. Ek gaan jou hierdie week kontak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes indeed that is a perfect layout for Leane. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Lynette! Love it! I'm waiting to finish that book before I watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous LO!!! I love everything about it. My Sister's Keeper is one of my favorite books ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layouts! Grandchildren are very special, I think specially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors of your page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥