Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

A small whinge and LSOS #45



DH and our two sons had gone away on their annual father and son hunt in Steytlerville. I am hoping to get a bit of scrapping done over the weekend. Now, please forgive me, but I promise this will be my last whinge for a while. My first thought was to make a joke about how I feel...but it is no laughing matter. I am still struggling with severe muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders and had to get up last night to take medication for a splitting headache. It is times like these that I find it SO difficult to stay positive...and not to just give in, pull the blankets over my head and feel sorry for myself. Thank the Lord I only have these bad flare ups two or three times a year. Normally the pain is just a dull ache that you know is there but at least it does not steal your joy. OK! Whinge over:)

**********************************************************************
This is such a neat sketch by Tania of Little Shop of Sketches...and great to use up all those scraps that are left over when a kit is just about used up. I did this layout of me and Shayne for this sketch. Love how the strips of paper form the perfect backdrop for the photo.

Have a great weekend

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Can't wait to get to PE and spend some time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if we are all honest with ourselves we are all struggling with something. Choosing to be positive is something that you have to work on every day. I don't think you just arrive at been postive and stay positve.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

    I just need to work through what happened and then I will be fine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to hear you're in such pain. What about going for a massage? Would that not help?

    Beautiful LO!

    Clever lady.

    Enjoy your weekend of solitude and scrapping!

    PS - am in PE for one night next week (Wed). Would LOVE to try and squeeze in a coffee on Thurs am. We will have other poeple with us, but i'm going to try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!I love your layout and your blog.
    Thank you for your kind words, and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes having a good whinge helps, so do it for as long as you need to feel better. We dont mind!(and God doesnt mind if you have a couple of off days either)

    Lovely LO:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sorry that you are still suffering - did you not go for the antiflam injection or did it not do the trick? Hope things will subside soon. Very pretty layout & I love the idea of all the strips along the back - I have seen that quite a bit lately & keep meaning to try it 'cos - yes - it is indeed great for finishing up the scraps ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame Lynette
    I am sorry to hear that you're still in pain. I trust that you will be through it quickly.
    Love your LO, clever and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.
    Thank you for your emotional, kind words.God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful layout. Just love how the different patterned cardstock strips in the end work together to form a gorgeous backdrop to the precious photo. Great take on the sketch. I sure do hope that you feel much better soon and ready to take life head on again.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what's so wonderful about your own blog...you can whinge all you want!! and if I read what you're going through you have all the right to do so! Hope you'll feel better soon!!
    Wanted to tell you I love your take on Tanya's sketch!!
    Take care,
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your LO! Hope you are feeling better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOnderful lo! I hope this finds you feeling better! please take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥