Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ouchies and sickies


On Saturday evening DH and our two sons watched the South Africa vs. Australia rugby at a local pub and grub. DH left after the match but our sons met up with friends and stayed. When they eventually left they found a group of men outside that was making remarks about the women. My oldest asked them to show respect towards the ladies that was with them. He walked pass them and somebody tackled him from behind and threw him to the ground. These hooligans then started kicking him in the face. My youngest turned around and him and a friend rushed to his brothers aid, my DIL was also thrown to the ground. It sounds as if some of the bouncers of the "pub and grub" jumped in to seperate the fighters. My son was taken to hospital and he had to get stitches in his lip, his eye was also damaged and he has difficulty focusing. I can't handle senseless things like this. I can't handle it that you get hooligans that go all out to hurt and cause damage to another.

Leane picked up some horrible infection at the creche last week. It has now been 5 days that she has an incredibly high fever and after two days she started getting sores in and around her mouth. Despite the medication and ointments it just go worse and worse so this morning she was admitted to the hospital because the doctor thinks that she may not be getting in enough fluids and he wants to put her on a drip. Last night Lukas, who goes to the same daymother also started getting sick. Sjoe, I never knew I would worry about my grand children as much as I always worried (still do) about my children.
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. That is terrible about the fight. I hope Kobus Jr.'s eye improves and that your grandbabies both get well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that your family is going through such a tough time. People's behaviour can be so sickening sometimes. We do stand with you and trust for full healing for all of them.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senseless violence, ridiculous, and makes me quite mad.
    Hope all your family get better soon soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette, I hope everyone in your family recovers quickly!! That is terrible news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my friend - this post makes me so sad and I feel desparate for you. I do hope everyone recovers speedily and that you are able to 'walk on that water' over the next few days. You will all be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those times....Just be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope they are all better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ek het nie woorde nie!
    Sometimes the fallenness of this sad world comes so horribly close
    And ja, it is very hrad to handle when our kids and grandkids are affected.
    I feel so for you,Lynette - we too will be praying for your family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't understand why people do such things. You should be so proud of your son for standing up for the ladies...what a gentleman!

    Hope everyone heals us soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why do men have to prove their 'manliness' by beating up others? Does it make them more worthy? Stronger? Stupid i think.

    Sorry to hear about all your sickies. Hope the little ones are on the mend soon, and that K JR bumps & bruises heal asap.

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. some people!!!

    I hope everybody recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lynette how awful for you! Thanks be to God though for your boys standing up for righteousness!! Can they not prosecute these tugs for GBH? A friend of my DH's had a similar incident in the UK recently & got bottled in the face!! Lucky he still has the use of his eye!! People these days are feral...it is a result of so much lawless thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your poor kids! I find my children become like my babies again when they get hurt and I just feel like storming out there and causing damage. I think that it is great that he stood up for the ladies though - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥