Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Feeling slightly blue


I slept very badly last night (nothing new) and woke up with aching neck and shoulders and a BIG headache. At first I wanted to feel sorry for myself...but that is not my style, so I got up and did 5 km on the treadmill. The happy hormones that get released with exercise usually makes me feel better. Then it was off to work. Sitting here now, the feeling I have is of ropes tightly wound around my chest and every breath hurts...I know that I am having a fibromyalgia flare up. When I have a flare up I am sometimes fooled into believing it is flu...because of the body aches and I even get fever.

In 2003, after a prolonged period of extreme stress I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. You hurt all over, and you frequently feel exhausted. It is a chronic condition with widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. People with fibromyalgia often awaken tired, even though they seem to get plenty of sleep. Experts believe that people that have it rarely reach the deep restorative stage of sleep. That would probably explain why I never dream and why the slightest sound wakes me...so DH's snoring is no help:) The medication that is prescribed only serves to raise your pain tolerance level.

I usually try to eat and live healthy and get enough excercise... but now I have to get my head sorted...get into positive mode and get over it.

14 comments:

  1. You're far too hard on yourself. Living with chronic pain is enough to bring anyone down. I think you need to take some time out. Relax and spoil yourself.

    Will be praying for you.

    Lots of love
    Herlien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lynette.... My SIL also has that, and I know what she goes trough...

    Will be praying for you....

    And, yes I do help my husband with everything, even with his business of removal of oil... Help with pumps and also loading of 1000L containers...

    What we woman do for the ones we love hey......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ag shame, Lynette I am so sorry!
    I really hope and pray that the pain dissapates fast this time.

    Sending love your way xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. come down to Cape Town and Il give you a massage:-)
    failing that.. take yourself for a massage, it should help with the trigger points which cause the referred pain throughout the body, as well as relaxing the tense muscles. (as well as it feeling good).
    and on that note, I cannot imagine what it must be like but i hope this flare up eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, slightly blue is putting it mildly. See I am positive. But if I am honest I will have to say that I haven't felt so lousy for a long time. Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame, I am sorry to hear of your suffering chronic pain like that. I trust it will go very soon and that you will begin to have the needed restorative sleep too.
    Cyber hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. sore head sore neck and no sleep sounds very grim.
    i hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here I was feeling sorry for myself because my cough is back. Thank you for putting it in perspective. I am thinking of you and praying you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing worse than chronic pain. So sorry...don't know what to suggest except lots of prayer & painkillers. Hope you feel better soon & are not too sore to scrap, or at least inspire yourself with some nice scrappy mags ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My aunt suffers with fibro too. I hope you feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. strength my friend.

    am struggling with a skew neck induced migraine so can identify.

    what about a massage?

    feel better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the good wishes.

    DH came home with some powerful anti inflamatories and a super bean bag last night and I had a good nights sleep.

    Still feeling a little bit fragile today so I decided to stay home and just relax. If I am not much better tomorrow I will go for some anti-inflamatory injections...that should sort me out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that your Fibromyalgia has flared up again. Just try and think of the nicest things all the time.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥