Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

My Heritage

Sooo....I decided to start a "Book of Me" at last, and a week ago I posted a layout of myself as a tiny baby. I used the fabulous "Swirlydoos kit" What I love about this kit club is that they have a technique add on every month, so you learn something new. I missed out on the Tattered Angels add on last month and had to order some glimmer mist and screens from an online store. This is a kit club where stocks run out a day or two after the sneak peeks are posted and most of them are gone by release date.
Both the layouts I did was inspired by layouts by one of the design team members, Robin. The first layout is of my mom and the photo was taken in Main Street of the city centre. She was only 17 years old at the time. I made the pearl swirl with liquid pearls on a transparency.
The next layout is of my mom and dad's wedding on 21 December 1957. They have now been married for 51 years...a long time.
When I wanted to do journaling on these layouts I realised that I know very little of the story behind the pictures. Today I sent my mom an e-mail to fill me in on the background of what it was like way back in 1955 when she was a young girl, how she and my dad met. I also need a lot of info about myself during those first few years. So I will have 12x12 pages with just journaling among the few photos that I have.
So if you haven't started your heritage album yet...I would suggest you get all the info you need ahead of time and remember your children will want to hear your story.

15 comments:

  1. Hey there
    These are truly magnificent and a fantastic tribute to your heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful photo of your mom in the high street. she looks very swish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you are doing is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popped in to say hello & howzit?? Your pages are absolutely gorgeous, be proud, because you have done a fantastic job in keeping their story alive.
    Hugs to you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layouts - so beautiful and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the one of your mom on the sidewalk - what a lovely photo - really captures the times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your LO's Lynette! So soft and dreamy with a vintage touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely LO's.

    I'm about to start a heritage album for my FIL's 70th birthday and am feeling rather daunted by it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are gorgeous and so suit the vintage photos! Beautiful! Have fun doing your BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As ever Lynette you have done those photos & stories proud! And I do just LOVE your stash ALWAYS too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those Layouts are beautiful! How priceless! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's great idea..We are going thru my mother in law's stuff and we found a lot of pictures and stuff that we don't know anything about. We're left with trying to piece her life together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome vintage feel to it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that photo of your mom walking down the street. She looks so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hierdie uitlegte is asemrowend. Was it Mainstraat in PE? Jou ma is net so beeldskoon soos jy. Sy lyk baie stylvol in haar stadspakkie. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥