Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

More childhood layouts and a MEME

I did this layout with a photo taken of the 5 of us (sisters) The photo was taken in 1974 when I was in st 5. My mother made all our clothes and I believe that it must have been a challenge to keep 5 girls clothed on a small budget. Here you see from the left: Anita, Ansie, Herlien, me and Elsa.
Another wonderful memory of childhood was Christmas time. My maternal grandma had this wonderful talent of keeping the family together. On Christmas eve we children were taken to the "Playland" and when we got back to Ouma and Oupa's house around 11 'o clock on the evening we were each given a pillowcase where we could put our gifts after Oupa handed them out. Christmas Days were a feast of eating and playing.
This photograph of my brother and I was taken in May 1961 when I was 4 months old. The layout was a step-by-step by Robin of Swirlydoos.


Due to lack of anything else to blog aboutI stole this MEME from Shayne's blog.
  1. Are your parents married or divorced?Married since 1957

  2. Are you a vegetarian? No I am a true South African and love "braai vleis."
  3. Do you believe in Heaven?I do, and in hell.
  4. Have you ever come close to dying?No

  5. What jewellery do you wear?Usually my wedding ring and sapphire ring and whatever costume jewellery I feel like.
  6. Favorite time of day? Late afternoon
  7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes
  8. Do you wear makeup? Would never go out without it.
  9. Ever have plastic surgery?I have
  10. Do you color your hair? Yep, I believe in growing blonder as I grow older.
  11. What do you wear to bed?pj's
  12. Have you ever done anything illegal? No
  13. Can you roll your tongue? Yup
  14. Do You Tweeze your eyebrows? No, I have them waxed once a month.
  15. What kind of sneakers? Asics only when I exercise.
  16. Do you still own vinyl? Nope
  17. What is your hair color? brown with golden blond highlights...all artificial
  18. Future child’s name? NO WAY
  19. Do you snore? No, but DH makes up for me
  20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Greek Islands
  21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Duh...I am way to old for that.
  22. If you won the lottery? Fot that to happen I actually need to buy tickets.
  23. Gold or silver? Gold
  24. Hamburger or hot dog? Hamburger
  25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pasta, you can do a lot with it.
  26. City, beach or country? city...but would love the wide open spaces of the country.
  27. What was the last thing you touched? mouse
  28. Where did you eat last? At the mission...at tea time this morning
  29. When’s the last time you cried? The day Bianca had her seizure
  30. Do you read blogs? Oh yes.
  31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? Nope, I love being a girl.
  32. Ever been involved with the police? Meaning in trouble with them... Nope
  33. What’s your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap? Elvive and Lux soap
  34. Do you talk in your sleep? I have a sleeping disorder and never go into a deep enough sleep to talk
  35. Ocean or pool? heated pool...I don't do cold.
  36. What’s your favorite song at the moment? I don't have a favorite
  37. What is your favorite color(s)? blue
  38. Ever met anyone famous? Oscar Pistorius...also depends on what you define as famous...our previous Premier, Nosimo Balindlela.
  39. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? Depends on how you define success and yes.
  40. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?Twirl
  41. Ricki Lake or Oprah?Neither
  42. Basketball or Football?Neither
  43. How long do your showers last? As long as it takes to get clean
  44. Automatic or do you drive a stick?stick
  45. Cake or ice cream? cake
  46. Are you self-conscious? Use to be...but we talk in front of huge congregations about our ministry...so no more.
  47. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? No
  48. Have you ever given money to a tramp? Yes
  49. Have you been in love? For the past 31 years yes.
  50. Where do you wish you were? Here
  51. Are you wearing socks? Yup
  52. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?Yes when my second son was knocked down by a car and again three years later when same son had complications after surgery.
  53. Can you tango? I wish I could, been one of my dreams to go for ballroom lessons.
  54. Last gift you received? Dark Lindt chocolates from second DS and DIL on Mothersday.
  55. Last sport you played? Athletics at school many moons ago
  56. Things you spend a lot of money on?Food and scrapping supplies
  57. Where do you live? In the same house in Port Elizabeth for the past 22 years
  58. Where were you born?Port Elizabeth, South Africa
  59. Last wedding attended? February in Cape Town
  60. Favorite alcoholic drink? Pink champagne
  61. What’d you do last weekend? Planted seedlings, blog hopped, watched British Open golf, went to church
  62. Most hated food(s)? Brussel sprouts, maltebela
  63. What’s your least fav chore? ironing
  64. Can you sing? I can....very poorly
  65. Last person you instant messaged? my daughter
  66. Last place you went on holiday? Plettenberg Bay
  67. Favorite regular drink? Coffee
  68. Current crush? DH for the past 32 years.
  69. Oops lost one!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Love the Lo's awesome job!
    The meme's reveal stuff we wouldn't know any other way. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree, your layouts are lovely.
    And am glad to see im not the only one who dislikes brussel sprouts;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to look at your LOs...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good you have started on your Heritage album...wow you are the really tall one! Were you a lot older than your siblings & is Anita the blogger Anita that Stef has on her Blog Roll? I say that because I remember seeing another comment that made me think that some months ago... Also love your list. This MEME word - I wonder if it really exists...I can never find it in a dictionary - will have to Wikipaedia it! I also love the idea of the Greek Islands...had a holiday there as a couple before we had children & it was idyllic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the meme (meme is a really odd word hey).
    I too believe in getting blonder as I grow older - I just wish that belief didn't take up so much time and money! 5 hours and about R1000later....and bang...I am blonder :-)
    mmmm...worth it? YES! ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layouts once again Lynette ... which probably brought long forgotten memories back to life. Its funny, I can remember my Mom also made all my clothes and round about the same time i.e. 1974 she also made me quite a few looong dresses.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice

    Seems we have even more stuff in common!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen...yes I am the very tall one. Anita is 3 years younger,Herlien 5 years, Elsa 6 years and Ansie 10 years. It is the same Anita on Stef's blog roll.

    Kate...now that is what I like about the "back water" of PE, I can still do the hair thing for R300.

    Desire...we share a lot of similar memories and yes doing this BOM is bringing back a lot of memories.

    Pamela...I think we should meet when Shayne is down at the end of the month...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I remember that photo, it is in my memory album. Christmas at Ouma's house was only the best, remember the trifle! What plastic surgery did you have?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita I believe we are still all using Ouma's recipe for trifle...the best.

    Plastic surgery? Now that would be telling:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to have a good look next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥