Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

F.I.M. Disease

On a lighter note:

FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE

History:
Since the beginning of time.

Symptoms:
It can be spontaneous, unexpected, or planned.
Cannot be erased.
It can be contagious.

Who is at risk:
Anyone who speaks.

Side-Effects:
Hurtful to yourself or others.
Makes you look like a complete idiot.

Common Cures:
An apology.
Think before your speak.

If there was an award for displaying this disease I would say it should go to our national rugby coach....what was he thinking?

Have you ever experienced F.I.M. Disease?

6 comments:

  1. Lynette, I think we all have on too many occassions. It's that horrible sinking feeling when you blurt something out that you shouldn't have. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Are you kidding me?

    I am learning ,in my steadily advancing age, to take a breath before i blurt but sometimes...well, sometimes I forget.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THere is a reason I have 2 feet and only one mouth...so that I can take time to swap feet.
    Love this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That man really did make a spectacle of himself with those comments...really shameful...I remember years ago my SIL (a pastor's wife...) telling me that (as a new Christian) I needed to consider carefully before speaking & I thought she had to be kidding...now many years down the line I understand the power of words & how they can heal someone or break their heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, now I had a good chuckle. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think in some families it is genetic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥