Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Book of Me

I have decided to start a "Book of Me". My children love to hear stories of my childhood and every now and then I read something on somebody's blog that takes me down memory lane. As you can imagine not many photos were taken when I was little and with constant moving I think a lot of photos went missing.

When I did this layout I came to realise that I will have to go and sit with my mom and get more information about my early childhood...what I was like as a baby, what I weighed and all the stuff that we don't know. This photograph was taken when I was four months old. It was very discoloured and grainy and I had to do quite a bit of photoshopping it. When I look at the photo I realise that this could be a pic of any baby...and you would probably make anybody believe it is a photo of them...not very clear. The little bit of information like my birthdate and place of birth is journaled and hidden on a pull tab behind the photo.
I have decided to use papers that give a vintage feel. I want to start with photos of my mom and dad and their marriage and then go on to scrapping the few pics of myself that I possess. I used MME Bella Bella and some Daisy D's Modern Romance line. I used my wide format printer and printed some of the Rhonna Farrer swirls on the edges of the paper.

Happy scrapping
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Perfect first page for a BOM!!! Love the title, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous!

    I really should haul my BOM out - I did quite a few LO's last year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the swirls that you added Lynette! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and vintage.
    Great starter page. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper - a great start. I also have the odd page here & there but as you say it is SO difficult when we have such a random assortment of memories & no details. What we are doing for our children through our craft is nothing short of amazing by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you decided to start a BOM as you have such a great way of relating a story and I am sure your BOM will make seriously interesting reading for the future generations of your family. Love the layout and swirls you have printed on the cardstock. You probably have realised that you could embark on some interesting family secrets as well whilst doing this BOM. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Desire, now you have me thinking...about the family secrets...just how much is safe to reveal:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I need to do more BOM pages....

    ReplyDelete
  9. so unique and a beautiful idea! how great! Your family will have this wonderful to treasure to pass your legacy down. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is rather amusing - we all look the same on our baby photos - same position and same unclear features.

    I'm looking forward to your layouts - and your journalling!! I always thought it must have been wonderful living with Ouma after we all moved to Cape Town. By that time you were long overdue for spoiling.

    Lots of love,
    Herlien

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet, I did a few pages of me during one of the recent PS crops with the intention of the same thing. Another great line that you could use is the Basic Grey Porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. I have been working on a BOM for a long time but it only has a handful of pages as it is a slow moving project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥