Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

My baby turns 20!!!

Today my beautiful girl turns 20!!! I am forever free....no more teenagers...until my grandbabies get there:)

How much you have grown since you came into our lives. How much you have touched and changed our lives. I would never trade my years with you for anything in the world.

Kobus took this pic of Bianca this morning. I am so proud of my beautiful daughter.
This is my message to her today...the author is unknown:


Be strong. Be intelligent. Smile.
Know that beauty has everything to do with how you feel about yourself
and nothing to do with looks or other people's opinions.
Never do anything just because everyone else is if you believe it's wrong.
Always be true to yourself.
Expect the best from life and that's what you'll get.
Learn from your mistakes and failures.
Believe in magic and wish on stars.
Love and trust and be compassionate.
Make faces. Play in mud puddles. Take bubble baths.
Turn off all the lights and watch lightening storms.
Dance, laugh, cry, and sing when you want to.
Read everything you can get your hands on.
Stand up for what is right especially if you stand alone.
Don't allow yourself or people around you to tolerate prejudices of any kind.
Don't be afraid to try something new.
Do something daring at least once a week.
Spin in circles and roll down hills.
Pet puppies, hold kittens, and talk to babies.
Take afternoon naps.
Stay up to watch the sunrise.
Never apologize for being a woman or for being yourself.
Never forget that I love you more than any other person in the world,
no matter how far apart we are you will always be my daughter.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Ek stem, Bianca is beeldskoon. Baie geluk met haar 20ste. En dankie vir die deel van die inspirerence woorde weereens. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning.
    Hope you have a bessed time as you celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely words you found for Bianca. No more teenagers...that must be a strange feeling after all this time! Hope you have some wonderful celebrations together & you get to the bottom of the seizure issue as well. She looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful girl, Lynette and you have given her beautiful words.

    Happy Birthday Bianca - the prayers of lots of unknown people go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynette,

    Congrats on your daugters birthday, she is beautiful and what a stunning poem.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I love getting new readers!

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, what a beautiful beautiful post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful - Happy Birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥