Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

NSD and Motherday crop on Personal Scrapper

There is currently a crop challenge on at Personal Scrapper...it runs from 2 May to 10 May and has 15 set challenges with one of the members adding an additional challenge every day. I hope that explains why I have not done much blog hopping lately. The problem with blog hopping is that I get so pre-occupied that all scrapping ideas go out the window. (But I am sure you know that)

This first layout was for the "Favourite photo" challenge. My favourite changes with every batch I take...so this one of Lukas was one that still needed to be scrapped. I used the "damask" border die and the bits and pieces of my leftover March PS kit. The little felt dinosaur is from the Autumn Leaves Cuteworld range.

In this challenge we had to scraplift one of our own previous layouts...this one is based on a Beggahuna sketch that I used for "curly top" sometime ago. This sketch was also used by Swirlydoos for the April sketch challenge.
Now for an oldie. This was a sketch challenge and I dug out some photos from 2000. This house belonged to a friend of mine and when we just started in ministry, she offered it for our use when we needed some time of refreshing and relaxing. The house is in Oyster Bay and we called it "die okkerneut huisie" (Walnut house). The scraps of the October 2008 PS kit featuring Crate Paper Lemon Grass was ideal for this layout. The Prima flowers just added that bit extra.

Another oldie...this was for a challenge by one of the members (AmyInky)....the challenge was to use a play on words as the title of your layout. The photos were taken early in 1995 after Bianca cut her own hair right agains the scalp. She was so proud of herself and could not understand why I was so upset..."Hair today...gone tomorrow". Her hair took about 6 months to grow out. I used a Beggahuna sketch for this challenge.

This was another challenge by a member yesterday Emma's challenge). The challenge was to use a day of the week as part of the Title. In 1999/2000 my sister Ansie got divorced and she moved in to live with us on-and-off for nearly a year. Bianca adores her little cousins and she was like a big sister to them. They loved spending weekends playing...so Saturdays were their favourite...as they could stay home. I used a Basic Grey Pagemap for this layout.
I have completed a number of the other challenges and will post them after the weekend.
Have a great weekend and Happy Motherday to all the mothers out there.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lynette!!!!

    Wow, you have been busy.... Till what time at night do you sit and scrap???

    Very awesome pages!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and so much to look at , love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning stunning!! You are truly talented. I am yet to take up these types of challenges and admire the people who do. Maybe one day I will get the courage to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynette. Wow I just love all of these layouts. You and Cathy must be the two most active scrappers in cyber space ... can't believe the number of layouts you two girls churn out on a weekly basis. Keep it up. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like you were productive! Love that "child of my child" layout, great title and such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynette, I love your LOs, you do such an amazing job on them. I especially like the "(UN) Easy Rider"....looks like a lot of fun.
    You are very lucky to have such generous friends, the walnut house looks fantastic.
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lynette that challenge session looks lke it was very worthwhile to you - do you get a chance to win anything for all that awesome work?! You did a fantastic job - I just LOVE your scrapping and you always have such great stash! I need to look into A Cherry on Top again as you told me - and Personal Scrapper. I just don't have the time I want & need with 4 kiddies all needing me a lot still plus all my other little ventures, but when I see your pages I just want to go on a scrappy retreat & be left alone for a week, just me & my stash! And some good scrappy bloggy buddies too would go down nicely. Love the structure of your Walnut House Layout & the look of the Child of my Child one - that orange layout is too gorgeous. I wanted to ask if you have a scanner & scan your layouts rather than photograph them, as I have just got a scanner but have yet to use it as I have no space by my pc & need to erect a shelf first. How do you "sew" the 2 sides of your layout together? What program do you use? I need to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥