Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Lukas' Happy Place

Have I ever told you that Lukas is crazy about his Oupa( his Ouma comes a very poor second), his Oupa is not allowed out of his sight. He stayed with us this weekend and when his Oupa wanted to mow the lawn he insisted on helping...well he thought he was helping anyway.

See... he is watching that Oupa goes in a straight line...the navigator?

When all the work was done.....he was so tired that he fell asleep in Oupa's arms.

Now is that not the sweetest little angel face?


Which brings me to the next thing.... I have never been able to use the same layout in two challenges until this weekend....
National Scrapbooking Day was on 2 May 2009 and there is a crop on at Personal Scrapper. One of the challenges was to use this Reminisce add as an inspiration for a layout. Journaling Junkie's Challenge 56 is similar....so here goes.
I used the photos I took of Lukas and his Oupa...and here is my take on the challenge. The curls were cut out of WeR Memory Keepers Nonsense papers...and the orange makes me happy!

Have a lovely week!
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. I love how all that mowing tuckered him out.
    LOL
    Thanks for sharing with the junkies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard work being a baby mower you know!

    He is indeed very cute.

    What are the brown sticker letters you've used? R they thickers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shayne they are Chit Chat puffy letter thickers by American Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very patient oupa! Lukas is very cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooo adorable! What a precious LO for a precious moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH if that is not the cutest picture!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a little sweetheart! And your layouts are wonderful. Love "Precious" and "Gaze" most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat 'n oulike uitleg en ek hou van die storie agter die uitleg wat dit soveel meer sentimenteel maak. Ja nee, Oupa Rules ... Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the pics!
    And I know what it is to be second best to Oupa, believe me!
    Mind you, I think it shows our grandchil;dren have great taste :-)

    As I've said before, I'm not a scapper but this time I DO have a suggestion.

    What caught my eye was the contrast between the big, strong, brown hands of your man and the tiny, white, helpless hands of the child.

    I thought it might make a powerful pic if you focussed in just on those.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE this layout. Your swirlies are FANTASTIC and I also LOVE the orange. What a wonderful memory too. You are so blessed to be able to be hands-on grandparents with your kids close by...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! how sweet! Nothing better than being included in the action.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Oupa let him 'tag' along while he mowed. Those photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! the Lo's came out gorgeous, and great pics

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is an angel...don't you just love it when they sleep?
    I hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Luka's looks so comfortable in his Oupa's arm.
    I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What special memories those photos will hold. It's hard enough to cut grass let along hold your grandson as well .....priceless.
    Love your layout too, I agree the orange is a very happy colour.
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely memories this will be for both of them in years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥