Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Basic Grey "Mellow" layouts

Is it just me...or are some of you collectors of scrapbook goodies? I have had some of my kits that are still not even opened since 2007. Last week I decided to take them out one-by-one and finish the whole kit. This was the Personal Scrapper September 2007 kit. It featured Basic Grey Mellow. I am posting all the layouts I did with it and you can get an indication how many layouts you can do with a kit.

This first layout is with a photo of the house that my son Kobus Jr. built in Seaview last year. He wrote the master builders exam in order to be registered as a builder. We are so proud of his first attempt at building and what he achieved. They only lived in the home for six months and then sold it.
It is always so cute when the little ones walk around in their daddy's shoes. Here is Leane wearing her daddy's shoes.
Photos taken in my garden. When we just moved in we went crazy...planting so many trees and shrubs to get some privacy. These photos were taken before we pruned it back a lot. The grass did not want to grow because it never had sunlight.
This layout was done a few months ago. The grand bambinos at the touch farm.
These photos were taken at the look out point of Sir Lowry's pass. I lifted a layout done by the talented Iris Babao Uy. This lady does the most amazing cut work and is a wonderful inspiration to try something new.

On the Personal Scrapper forum Amy recently had a poll where you had to say how you felt about scrapping photos of loved ones that have since passed on. I find it wonderful, it just brings back so many memories. This very old photo of two of my children with Kobus' parents were taken in 1992. They have both since passed away...but we are left with so many amazing memories of them.
Some more old photos. These were taken in 1998 and Alex have since became a teenager and Bianca will soon turn 20. These photos reminded me of how crazy she was about this little cousin of her. I used one of the May pagemaps for the layout.
Alex was a frequent visitor to our home and always wanted to come with "Aunty 'Et". Here we took him to a touch farm...but as you can see he was soon fast asleep.
That is all for now folks. Will be back soon with some photos of this past weekend. Hope you have a wonderful start to a new week.
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Another lovely range of layouts. I find these kits great because they really seem to strestcvh when you add a bit of this & that from your own stash like you & I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the '92 memories LO you did. All of them are great. I like how you add something from your stash to work with the kit on most of them.
    I actually almost used up this kit when I received it and liked it so much I purchased a second one. I have barely touched it though. I think you've inspired me to want to work with it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you really know how to make a kit stretch...x8 including doubles Wow!. Your pages are always so real life...I love how they tell a story & allow us a glimpse into your happy life.

    TFS! them, they are lovely!!
    Hugs
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with that kit Lynette. I enjoyed it for awhile and quickly got bored, now I'm thinking I might want to try it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Lynette. You are a real inspiration. Thanks for sharing your beautiful layouts on your family which of course hold special memories for you. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this kit. You did an awesome job with it and a whole lot of layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO's Lynette. This was one of my favorite kits. You did a wonderful job using it up and have inspired me to finish up mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynette - those pages are incredible! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette, gorgeous work with this kit, I love this kit, but yet didn't use much of mine, you inspired me to break it out soon! Thanks for sharing your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you.
    inspire.
    me.
    love your beautiful work & the awesome LO's you did with this kit. great job on every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥