Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quickutz rediscovered!

Yes, I am still here! Sometimes I stand amazed at how easy blogging comes to some of you, and I have great admiration for you. Me...well that is a totally different story, I don't share easily and sometimes I just have nothing to say. When I do have something to say I am not always sure anybody else will find it very interesting. The weather in Port Elizabeth has been awfully humid lately and with the high temperatures it just had me exhausted at the end of every day. I end up crashing on the couch when I get home, and much too soon it is bed time.

I did scrap a bit this weekend. I rediscovered my Quickutz Revolution die cutter and you will see I used one of the border dies on each of the layouts I scrapped. That had me stalking e-bay for more dies... enough said!

I guess if kids can have play dates we girls can have scrap dates. This layout is of my scrap date with Anita and Stephanie in Cape Town. I used the Paper Crate Lemon Grass line which was part of the Personal Scrapper October 2008 kit.
The second layout was with pics taken on my birthday in January. I want to introduce you to a cool Quotes, Poems and Titles website were I found this cool title for my layout. I used the October Afternoon County Fair line (Personal Scrapper August 2008 kit).


If I think how fast the years have gone to bring me to this ripe (old) age, I want to share this poem with you.

What to Count (Emilie Barnes)



Don't count how many years you've spent,
Just count the good you've done;
The times you've lent a helping hand,
The friends that you have won.

Count your deeds of kindness,
The smiles, not the tears;
Count all the pleasures that you've had,
But never count the years.

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Very nice layouts, it was a great morning, and I hope we can do it again soon! Next time I will put some make up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great poem & some lovely layouts. Personal Scrapper keeps you in the cool stash by the looks of it! Wnated to ask if you evert go to the convention. Are you coming to Durbs for it this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH girl, I am having a birthday next month and I will be OLD!!! I needed to read that poem, thanks :) I am doing the purse post tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wondered why there was no news from the windy city for a few days ... but they do say no news is good news ... and these layouts are just so creative. Thanks for sharing the title/quote site ... will definitely go and pop in there. Love the poem. They do say: Its not the years in life, but the life in your years that counts. Everything you share with is here, are always very interesting and food for the soul ... so don't stop inspiring us. I do hope the weather will be more bearable soon. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! So good to see you back here in blogville. Ek was so bietjie bekommerd...

    Gorgeous LO's! Am inspired to get cracking looking at all our lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Border dies, they make those?? How come you know more about these things than I do?

    It was a great mornihg, thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.

    Full marks for making me look young and thin in those photos.

    I also love www.quotegarden.com in case you need any more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynette, Great quote and love those border dies. I don't have a Quickutz but I have the Cricut, we should swap die cuts (the cut out images sometimes) that would be fun to get the die cut without buying the die! LMK if you are interested!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy reading your blog. Another great layout you did. I love the layout with your friends (holding layout)..I think that's cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layouts are breathtaking as always-these 2 give me great ideas for how to us the diecut pp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun LO's, Lynette. Love them both. You have such a beautiful style. Enjoy your new dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you like my friends blog...the roost! Saw her purse blog...is that really a purse??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful LO's Lynette!! Love the scrap date one!! Too fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥