Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A matter of Scrap

I know a really really lame title.

I have been pushing myself to try and do a layout a day. So these are some that I have completed. This first one is with a photo of my daughter Bianca and her boyfriend Marc. The title is a play on words because they call each other "baby"
This next one is of our little Lukas...Lukas means "bringer of light and knowledge". He is really a ray of sunshine in our lives and he does "light up our lives."
This layout is to remember Lukas' first airplane flight...when we flew to Cape Town in February.
The next two layouts were made with photos taken at a Valentynes ball fundraiser for the Centre. The layout with Wynand and Nadia was made using a Beggahuna sketch and the Basic Grey Bittersweet line.
This layout of me and Kobus was inspired by a layout done by Debbie of Paperjunkie. I also used the Basic Grey Bittersweet line for this one.

I leave you with some instructions for life that I came across and wanted to share with you:
Instructions for Life


Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
Memorize your favorite poem.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
When you say, "I love you", mean it.
When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
Believe in love at first sight.
Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
Love deeply and passionately.You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
Don't judge people by their relatives.
Talk slow but think quick.
Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
Mind your own business
Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
Spend some time alone.
Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Read more books and watch less TV.
Keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
Live a good, honorable life.Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
Trust in God but lock your car.
Be gentle with the earth.
Read between the lines.
Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Love your work!! very pretty & sooo inspiring! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette - I hadn't seen the first three LOs you posted. They are all great! I love how you played on the meaning of your grandson's name for your title in the second page. The products you used for his first flight are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so true - the saying on the Baby It's You layout.
    I love the flower on the full of Love layout, I couldn't read the sayings though, it won't let me click on it.
    Great layouts, and thanks for sharing the instruction for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette-I just love your layouts and all the details! I may scraplift a few if that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lynette, awesome job you've done... I have taken my hat off to you. My fav is also the Lukas one with the Bambi and the meaning of his name.

    I am having some influence I hope.
    Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you have been at it again! A page a day! That is just awesome & your scrap stash is just gorgeous...is it all Personal Scrapper or do you get other kits...I need some of those glitter letters & the bambi! Love the layout of your daughter & her boyfriend. Great journalling...did you glaze those letters or did they come shiny like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pictures are wonderful.....Thanks for leaving us with such good thoughts to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my.... you've been busy girl!
    Love those amazing pages, and I love the lettering of the first one. awesome work here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layouts! I just love the different papers and embellishments, I will have to go shopping with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-ha! Inspiring stuff going on over here....and I am noticing a distinct increase in journalling....yeah! Beauts beauts girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hierdie uitlegte is pragtig en so getrou aan jou unieke styl. Hoop dit gaan nou beter met Bianca en dat die aangepaste medikasie haar help. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all great, I really like the ADORE one, such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your life instructions, and love your pages even more!
    My fave is the one of you and your sweetie, right at the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥