Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Down memory lane.....

As I told you before...I am digging into my old photos in an attempt to get it all scrapped and into albums. So please forgive me for becoming all mushy in my walk down memory lane. This first layout is of my matric farewell in 1978. Kobus and I started dating in the middle of my last year at school. So here I am, only 17 years old and blessed to have already met the love of my life. This layout was done using the Prima papers in my Swirlydoo's Whimsy kit. I started using my Revolution Quickutz again...the swirly border and the vines on the side of the photo.

When I look at this huge box of old photographs glaring at me...I don't know quite where to start. So I pulled out Bianca's birthday photos and decided that would be a good place to start. Here she is on her 3rd birthday. I used the January Personal Scrapper kit. It featured Fancy Pants arctic chill. I used lots of bling and buttons around the vines. This page was created using this Beggahuna sketch. I just mirrored it on the second page.
Bianca's fourth birthday. Her day started very early, it was my sister's wedding day and Bianca was the little flower girl. By the time we got around to the cake and candles, she was exhausted and in tears...so it was a very teary birthday.
Here my little funny face turns 5. It is wonderful how they develop over the years and how they get their own unique personalities.

And finally her 6th birthday. Her birthday always fall in the winter holidays and most children are away then, so parties were always small affairs.
Now I feel real nostalgic....but let me go and scrap...big box waiting!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy and these are all excellent! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, those are SO cute!! The cake for her 6th bday is amazing!! Doesn't it feel good to get older pictures scrapped?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work as ever & always Lynette - & full of yummy scrappy goodness - I do envy that stash of yours! As for your cutter thing that cuts out the doodles & the vines - wow, that is amazing - I should look into it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. REally great work! You have such wonderful details! I enjoy looking at your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oh My.... you have been busy again...
    are you a, that fast, scrapper???

    Gorgeous pages Lynette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More....wow! girl, you must be a speed scrapper of note :o) They are all so lovely, I love how you are able to interpret a sketch into a double page.
    I hope you & your lovely family are OK!
    I think of you often.
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LOs girl...I see you get the Swirlydoos kits, do you like them and how mcuh do they charge you shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, at this rate that box is going to kick the bucket soon. Gorgeous layouts and you have also captured the eras in which the photos were taken just perfectly in your layout designs. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really great layouts! Great job! The pictures don't even look like there are old. YOu really bring them to life with your layouts! great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hullo my friend!! Geesh, sorry I been scarce but still have no ADSL at home....ai.

    I cannot tell you how it warms my heart to see these wonderful old photos being scrapped. I must say I havent seen anyone scrap old photos as beautifully...usually the photos really detract from LO's when they are old/grainy/faded etc. You have done an outstanding job Lynette.

    Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also busy scrapping my old photos - it does bring back a lot of memories! I am now busy with 1996 - working backwards in time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥