Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Total bliss!

We are back from our visit to Cape Town. I will update soon with pics of Lukas' first airplane trip and wedding photos. Now I am just going to tell you how my week ended. Ansie booked us for a day at Mangwanani Spa on the Zevenwacht Wine Estate overlooking beautiful Cape Town. You can see more of it here http://www.mangwanani.co.za/ We arrived for a light Breakfast @ 08:30 with Fresh Fruit Juices, Filter Coffee, Selection of Tea's.

Our first treatment was NEO MAOTO a traditional African Royal Foot Gift (from toes to knees) - (Rose Petal Wash, Sugar & Grape Seed Scrub, Mangwanani Massage Cream) Now I am talking 45 minutes of bliss while your feet and legs are scrubbed and massaged.

Our next 45 minute treatment was MOLALA an Ancient African Head & Neck Healing & Relaxation Treatment with Sesame Oil. If you have the will power to open your eyes during this treatment you are treated to some of the most beautiful views of Cape Town, Table Mountain and the surrounding winelands. Because I struggle so much with Fibromyalgia, this was my favourite treatment.

We then went on to have the UBUSO Renewing African Facial Spa - (NOT A BEAUTY FACIAL). The next treatment was TLHAPISO (Full Body Cleansing ) We had the choice of Body Washes or Salt Scrub Body Brush or African Mielie Meal Body Exfoliation I went for the Salt Scrub. Your whole body is scrubbed down with coarse salt and then you are left to lie with the salts for a while. (Ansie and I decided that we were like bokkems hung out to dry...lol) For my American friends...bokkems are fish that gets salted and then hung out to dry...so I am sure you will get the general idea.

After our salty scrub we had lunch and some very decadent deserts...this is not a health spa by any means. After lunch we spaced out in the Jacuzzi for 45 minutes sipping champagne. The next treatment is called NEO MATSOGO a traditional African Royal Hand Gift (from fingers to elbows) - (Rose Petal Wash, Sugar & Grape Seed Scrub, Mangwanani Massage Cream are used) Any dead skin cells that could have possibly got pass the salt scrub now got eliminated and we were left with glowing and dewy soft hands and arms.
The last treatment that we had is called IZIMANGA (Full Body Massage - aparently means Heaven on Earth). This is done with hot stones and it was amazing and left both Ansie and me so relaxed that we stumbled down the stairs to get dressed. We left with oily bodies and oily hair, so totally revitalised and relaxed. How blessed I am to have an amazing sister that spoiled me in such a wonderful way.

Back tomorrow with all the Cape Town news.
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so jealous. This is now on my "places to go" list! And thanks for the lesson on bokkems...I had no idea what they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like absolute bliss. Something to plan for my April trip to CT! Nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bly jy kon behoorlik ontspan saam met jou suster. Eks net so mal oor die warmklip massering, dit stroop 'n mens se spiere van alle spanning. Bly julle is weer veilig terug in die vriendelike Baai. Kan nie wag om die troufotos te sien nie. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynette

    Seems like a really blissful day at Zevenwacht. Why not rate and review the farm on http://www.spitorswallow.co.za.

    Hope to see you soon back in the winelands

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness!! Just reading that made me want to get dressed and go to the spa right now!! It sounded SO amazing!! That was so nice of your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynette- That sounds awesome! Hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!! Heaven on earth indeed! Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what can I say? I'm green with envy ;-) Oh, & thanks for joining my blog as a follower! I love that gadget - I have just joined yours BTW. I see we like to follow quite a few of the same blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! That place looks like HEAVEN!!!!
    What bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥