Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friends and family

A layout of me with my guys on my birthday. I used Basic Grey Bittersweet papers and stickers. I want to give credit to Debbie at Paper Junkie whose layout I lifted. I loved her layout but forgot to save the link...sorry Debbie!

{heart} my guys

This photo was taken when KJ, Mel and I met for coffee in Muizenberg in the beginning of February. I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper and embelishments. My scanner always chops part of the layout off...so you cannot see what a nice Making Memories Die cut I used.

When Friends meet Hearts warm




Portrait of a Friend

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts, or fears.But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.
I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,nor the future with it's untold stories.But I can be there now when you need me to care.
I can't keep your feet from stumbling.I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;Yet I can share in your laughter.
Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.
I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,from your values, from me.I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.
I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,But I can give you the room to change,room to grow, room to be yourself.
I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,But I can cry with you and help you pick up the piecesand put them back in place.
I can't tell you who you are.I can only love you and be your friend.

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Lynette, ek onthou hierdie fotos en kan nie glo dis dieselfde fotos wat hier so pragtig en kreatief uitgestal het nie. Jy het 'n pragtige styl. Dankie ook vir die 'Portrait of a Friend' ... dis mooi woorde. Lekker naweek verder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO's Lynette. Love the colours of the Friends one. Lovely pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages, love the use of basic grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those los are awesome! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layouts are beautiful, especially the first one!
    and I love this poem about friendship.
    have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layouts. They are so clean & beautiful. I am also a BG fan & have some on order this minute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layouts! I guess it can only look great with photos of gorgeous people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great layouts...I love the Poem. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynette!!!
    Just popped by... and nosed around a bit.... Wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for stoppin' by lynette! *hugs* love your blog and your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynette...beautiful L.O's....especially the one of us three :o) :o) We are a good looking bunch aren't we???
    Good to see you have hauled out your sewing machine. The stitching is looking lovely on your L.O's.
    Hugs
    K
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this sounds like a good friend to have and be. I like this a lot. Great scrap book page...guess what I am working on today and this week end. Have a wonderful week end! =O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥