Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

My Treasures...

Have I ever told you that I adore my children? I believe that they are my greatest achievement. Mel has a blog post about what is more difficult marriage or parenting...my 10c worth is that marriage is a walk in the park compared to parenting,don't get me wrong.... I still love my children very much. This photo of me and the kids were taken in December 1999...before Kobus Jr moved to Cape Town... and when things were still relatively uncomplicated. If you think parenting is difficult wait until your children gets married... That is a total different ball game. You know how we talk about cultural differences and tend to think that only happens when you marry someone from a different race, religion or language. Well....sorry to burst your bubble, you are so wrong....you can be from the same race, religion and language and there can still be a vast culture difference. It is all in the way you are raised... the relationship with your parents, the morals and respect in your childhood home (or lack thereof). So if you think it is difficult to parent....somewhere in the future, greater challenges awaits you.

I used the gorgeous Crate Paper Prudence line for this layout.

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Both seem pretty high maintenance to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parenting is def the hardest. Especially after a million weeks of school hols!

    Love you LO - especially the round scalloped paper - its beautiful!

    Will mail re you the Silhouette - i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dis so waar wat jy se van opvoeding en waardes wat werelde kan verskil van een huis na 'n ander. Hou van jou uitlegen die blomme ensemble in die onderste hoek. Mooi bly en lekker skep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I think that being married is more difficult, although I must admit that children does put strain on any marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just what you are talking about and you are SO right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning layout! I think parenting is definitely harder too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention on your blog!

    Oi, so there are more fun and games waiting for me when my treasures reel in their partners huh?

    I think I am feeling particularly 'parented out' after 5wks of holidays. Jislaaik.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really got me thinking. Thanks for the insight. Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Parenting is much harder! Great LO. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, they are both a constant work in progress. Right now parenting isn't too hard, especially when I think of what will be to come in 10 years. Then parenting will be really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to say parenting since I have never been married! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute layout, Lynette! Love the cluster of flowers and that gorgeous trim!

    My mom is telling me this all the time! "I thought I'd be done being a mom when you all got married! I was sooo wrong!" LOL! Not only are you a mom, you are a MIL, and possibly a Gramma, the dynamics just keep getting more interesting, don't they? I guess I should enjoy my simple "Happy Meal" days, now!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette, I agree that parenting is harder, and even though my son is only eleven, I can see definitely see what you are saying as I have seen my aunt and others go through these same issues. Just another reminder to enjoy the "present" even though sometimes when its rough its hard to do! Thanks for sharing your opinions and insight. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there.
    Sorry I wasn't able to connect with you in PE, it was 5 days of running especially as my sick Aunt insisted on being out of Hospice to stay with us. If was hair-raising caring for her being paralyzed.

    It is good to be home & blogging again I must say.

    Your L.O is beautiful...gotta love the new Crate stuff hey! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your page Lynette, and what you said about dealing with different people from different backgrounds is so very true...hope things have settled down some for you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your LO is beyond beautiful!

    I have been blessed with a God loving man who continues to remind me that I always should seek the Lord when it comes to our children.
    In short, parenting has been by far more of a trial for me then my marriage.

    I will be praying for you & the family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your page Lynette. All those soft colours go so well with the brown. Best of luck sorting out your DILs, at least they are listening to you.
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I just read my comment. I thought I should clear it up a bit. I didn't mean dills, I was referring to Daughters-in-Law.
    Insert(red face).

    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥