Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

More on my word for 2009

I want to thank my dear friend Shayne for making this lovely doodle of my word for 2009....your act of kindness towards someone you have never met, makes me so happy and puts a smile on my face. I love my doodle!
APPROACH LIFE WITH A SMILE

Understand that no one is more important than you are and that no one is less important...
Understand that you are unique, and that you have a unique contribution to make to this world... Realize that there are no mistakes in life, only lessons...
Practice what you preach; walk your talk...
Adapt to change quickly...
See problems as challenges, and press on with a smile...
Pace yourself, one moment at a time...
Laugh...
See finish lines, rather that deadlines...
Understand that life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it...
Nurture your sense of humor... instead of no humor, no creativity... know humor and know creativity...
Use your imagination to come up with new possibilities...
Say What if... instead of Yeah but...
And remember...
Yesterday is the past...
Tomorrow the future...
but TODAY is the present...
So open it and live it!

~~ Author Unknown ~~
My daughter, Bianca left for Johannesburg on Tuesday to go and visit Marc (boyfriend) and his family and also be with him on his 21st birthday. The house is awfully quiet without music blasting from her room. In my last post I mentioned that life becomes more complicated when your children are all grown up and the in-laws and grandchildren comes into play. My two daughters-in-law had words so on Tuesday evening I had to mediate between them...all my "great" counselling skills were tested to the limit. I tried to explain to them as two Christian women they needed to look at the bigger picture....it is not what either of them want, but what God wants, that is really important. After three hours I still don't know whether the matter is really resolved. They apologised and hugged but I still sensed a lot of tension. This creates a problem as my two sons are very close and I am always so afraid that problems between their wives will ultimately damage their relationship. So I was relatively fed up when I made that post.
I don't want to bore you with this...but the bottom line is that these little things are not allowed to steal my joy and I must remember to LAUGH.... I love the above poem "Approach life with a smile", and I believe it is a choice. I am going to concentrate on how I react to what life throws at me.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Dankie vir sulke inspirerende woorde en alle sterkte met jou situasie. Soos jy se dat dit 'n lewensles wees en nie 'n probleem nie. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette this was so good! I love the poem and your outlook on life! I am sure God will bless your words to your daughter in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai....women en hul viemies! I say that lightly but I feel your pain in this situation. Strength to you as you ride it out...hope its resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the poem. .it's inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...saw you at The Roost...she is an old friend of mine.

    I agree with her...they heard your words...let's allow God to do the rest. You're right too...it is how we resond in life. Laughing is so important and helps us along this path we walk...laugh often, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem Lynette..I'll print it ut and keep it close to remind myself as well.

    Take acre and big {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are also having a rough time with our "daughter-in-law". At least you have a councelling background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥