Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

Thank you so much for all your good wishes for my birthday. I met Kobus, Kobus Jr. and Wynand for breakfast at Blue Waters, a restaurant that have a beautiful view of the city's beach front. My birthday is one day I do not work.

I never plan anything for my birthday. I always go all out to make my family's birthdays special, but I don't like a lot of fuss on mine. I would have been very happy with pizza and a movie, but Kobus had something else up his sleeve. At 5:30 some of the people from the centre arrived for "tea and cake" and bunches of flowers, but I was so "dof" I still did not catch on. At 6:00 pm the food arrived...all prepared by our chef at the Centre. Here is a pic of the feast after people had already begun to tuck in.

Kobus had secretly invited 30 people for my birthday. It was so enjoyable and heaps of fun to see all my friends again.


Leane and Ouma

Gorgeous Lukas

Wynand and Nadia

Friends

More friends

Kobus and Pastor Robin and Alice
xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Your pic's tell of a glorious day!

    Seems you were spoilt rotten - that's what birthday's are all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see that there were lots of surprises for you on your special day. Its always nice to share a special occassion with friends and family which makes it even a more memorable one. Trust you are now feeling 30 forever. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise to share your day with special people.
    {L}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun surprise, glad you had a great time on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! That food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very fun!!! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!! What a fun birthday!! Your husband is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful birthday! You are so blessed to have such an amazing family and many friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great Birthday! I am so glad to hear you had such a great time! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looked like TONS of FUN! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list below...

    I've answered my questions and put a link to you for anyone that wants to be interviewed. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a beautiful day Lynette...the pics are gorgeous and you look younger then ever (what's your secret ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMICAT! Robin!!! That guy was my youth pastor 20yrs ago in Joburg!! Sjoe, the world is a small place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥