Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

My grand babies....

Saturday 29 November 2008

It seems as if I have a grandchild over every weekend, not that I am complaining....I love to have the little ones here and enjoy every moment with them. Little Lukas has been here all day and is sleeping now. (So is Grandpa...I just might let him do the pajama drill tonight). Last Saturday I had Leané for the day and I took some (read hundreds) photos during her time here. During this weekend I made this layout of some of the photos I took. I used some Paper Crate Mia and Prudence papers and all the flowers were part of a prize I won on KJ's blog...trying to make a dent in my stash.

I found this beautiful poem by Karen Barnes.

Little Girls
Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs
And all the precious memories of times that once were.
Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow
And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.
Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls
And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.
Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,
And these are the reasons, little one, why I love you.

30 November 2008


I just had to complete a layout of Lukas as well this weekend. I took some of these photos yesterday. He slept over last night and was awake every hour....I am absolutely exhausted. This morning at 7 o'clock when we eventually decided we are not getting any more sleep, we picked him up out of his cot and he greeted us the biggest dimply smile ever...and Ouma and Oupa was totally lost...even the lack of sleep was forgiven ...

The Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo range was perfect for these photos and I took ages cutting out all the little cogs...and then only a short poem and a few brads was needed...perfect! Don't you think he has the most beautiful eyes? This is the poem I used...the author is unknown.

Little Boys are Treasures

Little boys are treasures
Who are worth their weight in gold.
And charm everyone around them
From the time they're minutes old.
They're Mommy's little darling,
They're a special pal to Dad,
And they bring the very happiest days
A family's ever had.
xoxo


12 comments:

  1. Jou uitlegte is pragtig en kleurvol. Ja nee, die kleingoed lyk vermurwe Oupa en Ouma se harte. Mooi bly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous layouts! He does have the most beautifull eyes and he also looks a bit like his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great layouts! Your grandbabies are so sweet!

    (I tagged you on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little ones ;-)
    and love the poems - maybe will use one at a layout about my nephew ;-)
    hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO's. I am sure your grandchildren will love those later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pretty...I *love love love* those pages.You are a magician with the two pagers, girl...hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great job - that paper is awesome but would overwhelm me....I gotta try get some and do a LO of Levi with it. I love it!

    And heck !!! Awake every hour? I hope you have recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous, and the lo's amaizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful L.O's...you are probably one of the most proficient scrappers I know & doubles at that :o)What's your secret??

    I am loving the new Crate paper too at the moment...I should bite the bullet & just use it. I didn't want to 'cos it is just so darn pretty.

    Your Grand baba's are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous layouts and so sweet that you get so much time with your grands...they will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Anna is my older sis. Hope you are having a happy Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥