Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Journalling Junkie - Challenge #46

The awesome Ronda Palazzari of one little word (OLW) fame has issued us the challenge for this week. This was her layout:


The challenge was to tell a story that is difficult to tell...whether it is your fears, your regrets, your wishes.

Initially I thought that this would be way to difficult and way to honest to express my feelings in public. Well... it was a challenge but it took me back 9 years to December 1999 and one of my deepest regrets...something I would do anything to change if only I could. But also something that changed how I think and do things forever. Matthew 12:36 reads as follows: "You can be sure that on the Judgment Day you will have to give account of every idle word you have ever spoken." In Ephesians 4:29 Paul says: "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear." This is true wisdom!

In many cases you will not have to wait for Judgment Day to give account of your idle words...it will come back to haunt you much quicker than that. And like me, you will probably find very good excuses for what was said...but what is the point...the damage is done. You know how we all love to gossip...I have learned a valuable lesson, Colossians 4:6 says: "Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as if were with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person." Salt was used as a preservative and for healing...so our words must preserve relationships and bring healing. So be quick to hear and slow to talk.....

Journaling:
Sisters trying to stop the last day from ending.
Giggling and whispering through the last night.
If I could turn back time...

I would not have given myself to idle words

Damaging forever the relationship we had.

Have a blessed week and take care!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Love love love the first page. Love all the little things off in the corner. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weereens baie waar woorde. Ons is almal geneig om makliker to praat as te luister. Dankie vir die herinnering. Die uitleg is pragtig. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette, THANK YOU...for sharing this beautiful page, for sharing these meaningful scriptures and for touching my life with it. It truly spoke to me. I have been dealing exactly with this issue lately, I LOVE your blog and I love how you pick such beautiful scriptures. I needed this reminder that I am human, that I made and will make mistakes, but I can always be forgiven. God bless you and Merry Christmas my friend.
    Lisa in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this personal picture & story with us! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a pity that we say things without thinking about the consequences - I miss her too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥