Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Vulnerable

Okay...now I know I am a scrapping junkie. I cannot pass up a challenge. Kim just had to mention the Cocoa Daisy challenge....and off I go. Whether I will be able to upload it to Cocoa Daisy in time is another story...as I just registered and my account is still inactive. Anyway this was the challenge:And here is my attempt:

This photo goes all the way back to December 1998 and the journalling reads as follows:

"We started in full time ministry in July 1998. Three months later Esmerelda came into our lives. She was not yet 3 years old and was badly beaten by her step father. Within 2 hours she was removed from her parents and our home became an emergency “safe place”. Bianca was only 9 at the time and cried when she washed the battered little body and my boys wanted to go and give the dad some of his own medicine. We were cautioned not to get too emotionally attached. (How do you do that with a child?) In our welfare system, children are placed back in their homes within six months. So for six months this little girl lived in our home and we loved her. Then she left and we never saw her again. Today she must be a 13 year old girl and I often wonder where she is and if she is safe……."

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Wow - what a powerful LO. I hope she is doing well today. She was lucky to have you for six months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an emotional creation. Lets rest assured that Esmerelda has a real Father who watches over her. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow awesome journaling! I did see you managed to upload it to the cocoa daisy website - right before I did mine. What an influence Kim is in our lives hey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful LO and an incredible story. It is people like you who make a difference in others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you did it, I wouldn't have been able to give her up and it would have broken my heart. I also hope that she is safe somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! a beautiful LO and a very emotional, I would not have been able to do what you and your family did. Thank God that there are people like you.
    x
    Linda (Karina)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I am moved beyond words by this powerful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....that is heart breaking! Jesus, make her whole and keep her safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lynette,what a beautiful page.I love this journaling,although it hurts my heart you know?
    Good luck at Cocoa Daisy...those ladies are THE BEST...I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your LO and the journaling Lynette. It pulled at my heart strings, I believe that EVERY child needs to grow up safe and loved.
    I too registered late and had to wait for my account to be activated over at Cocoa Daisy. I still my play along on the side lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynette - don't you think it is time for another post? I check and check and there's nothing here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet story, love that page, I've been working with those crate papers lately too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥