Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Latest layouts

Okay...so I ended up not being able to complete the L.O.A.D. challenge. My mom came up from Cape Town for a visit and it would be rude if I just scrapped all the time. Another reason for not being able to complete the challenge is that my computer is really not loving me at the moment. It freezes up when I open my photo folders, it freezes up when I try to resize my layouts, it does not want to read my large format scanner anymore. This weekend my scrapping attempts were so frustrating that at a stage I wanted to take an axe to this awful machine. I have now found a better alternative....my very bright IT minded son is going to be building up a new tower for me...it must be fast and have a lot of space for photos!

I did manage to finish these three layouts in this past week:
My son Wynand (pronounced Vaynand) took this pics of us in our front garden. The wordart reads: Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it. The wordart is by Mel.
These pictures of my grandkids were taken at Homeleigh Farm last weekend. As you can see they had a ball.

Christian and Leane eating icecream...For little Leane it was a new experience. It looks painful in the pictures....but she kept coming back for more and everytime she pulled her face.

Tomorrow my sister will be coming up from Cape Town as well...her husband has business meetings here. Thursday morning we will be driving through to Jeffreysbay....believe it or not...this surfing paradise has the largest scrapbooking shop in South Africa. Melody when you move up from Cape Town there is that to look forward to!

Have a blessed week.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Love your first layout! this flowery border is great and the journalling is really beautiful.
    hope your computer will stop playing tricks on you ;-)
    have a nice day
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these layouts are just gorgeous. The Homeleigh Fram one came out stunning ... the little animals at the bottom is cute. I have heard about the huge scrapping shop in J-bay and still have to get hubby to do a drive past there when got that we again. Computers are the most wonderful inventions out there, but if they don't feel like co-operating, they are the pits. You are very fortunate having such an IT fundi as a son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your computer is giving you fits, I know how frustrating that can be! I LOVE your layout with ice cream pictures! How cute, and this paper is great with it! I may have to lift it, as I have similar pics of my little niece doing the same basic thing!
    Lisa in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts!
    Technology can be super frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just loving all your LO's... all the pictures are wonderful!

    Computers, ACK! I so know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been tagged! Love your LO's, they're gorgeous. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you and your sister had a great trip to the scrapbook store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so we know I am not moving anymore but I am racking my brain for a reason to pop into jeffries sometime soon....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥