Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

KJ's challenge #15

See...I told you I am a sucker for a challenge...cannot seem to pass on them...lol! So here we go again. Kim posted this cool layout of Lacintha...yes the ex-South African now living in COLD Canada. This layout forms the basis of the challenge and other rules are as follows:

- Tilted photo/or photo's
- Hand written journaling
- Circles or dots somewhere e.g.papers, embellishments, journaling etc.

Well...if you have followed my blog for a while you will know that this was a CHALLENGE for me...usually I don't do tilted photos and I hate my own handwriting...I can live with circles and dots...actually I love circles and dots...so here goes:I used papers from the K & Company Margot range. The silhouette stickers, chipboard flowers and butterfly is also from the same range. The background is dots and I cut some circles from the printed paper. These pictures were taken in April 1999 (when we were still young and good looking), shortly after our 20th wedding aniversary and specially for a brochure for the ministry we are involved in. The journalling reads : "After 20 years together...my love, the stories we can tell about our life....will fill a book."

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Dis 'n pragtige uitleg Lynette. Ek hou van die sirkels in die agtergrond en blomme in die onderste hoek. So julle is hierdie jaar 29 jaar getroud. Ons vier more ons 24ste herdenking. Dis verskriklik hoe vinnig tyd vlieg. Lekker naweek verder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you go!
    I adore that page..and how lovely you two are...a perfect match :)

    I'll tell you a secret..I used to have everyting straight on my pages..then I *think* old age started catching up with me, and things got a bit crooked...so I kinda left them crooked...lol..true story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Lynette. I especially love the way you clustered the flowers...I can never get that to look right.

    And by the way....I would read the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥