Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude

I love to follow various blogs...and blog hopping I came across a few little gems that I want to share with you...the first is this beautiful wordart made by Stephanie Ackerman over at Creative Souls.

This beautiful image I found on a bloggy friend Jules of the Roost.
Firstly I want to wish all my American friends a blessed Thanksgiving. Wow, don't you think it would be great to have a day set aside just to give thanks to our awesome God? But then again I realise that God calls us to a life of gratitude. It makes this scripture in Colossians 2:6-7 come to mind: "My counsel for you is simple and straightforward; Just go ahead with all you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the master; now live Him. You're deeply rooted in Him. You're well constructed upon Him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let you living spill over into THANKSGIVING." (From the Message)


I have so much to be thankful for and my wish is to live my life with an attitude of gratitude. Today I am thankful for:
1. God giving His son Jesus to die for my sins so that I could be reconciled to Him.
2. That when God looks at me, He does not see me clothed inthe filthy rags of my sin, all He see is the robe of Jesus righteousness.
3. That God gave me the most wonderful, loving and godly husband that has taught me everything about the love of a father when I look at his relationship with our children. Without this I would never have understood the Father heart of God.
4. I am thankful for health.
5. That God has provided every single thing that we need and that we lack in nothing.
6. That I have beautiful and healthy children and grandchildren, whom I love very much.
7. That He has given us a beautiful home that has become our sanctuary.
8. That He has called us into His "field" to spread the gospel and care for the broken and rejected. That He has given us to these people as a father and a mother....something they have never had.
9. That He is building His kingdom and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.
10. That in Him I live, and move and have my being. Without Him I would be nothing.
Be blessed
x0x0

5 comments:

  1. We so often forget to say thank you to Him, your list has really given me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your word art today - it spoke to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette
    This is a very special WordArt creation.
    There is a surprise waiting for you over at Doing Life. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great reminder Lynette, I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is it that you know me so well and we've not yet met?
    I am using it, I promise I used a little more today on my LO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥