Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Mini albums galore!!!

I can tell you, I have been cracking myself up during this class. First I had to find a sturdy large paper cup. When I was unsuccessful I downloaded Wilna's scanned cup...needless to say the moment I touched it with my watercolour paint, it collapsed. Hubby was home by then and I told him of my predicament...so we jumped in the car and went on a paper cup raid...we stopped at every and any 24 hour service station and take away and was greeted with astonishment and amusement by many of the attendants...the result 7 paper cups and only one the right size...but who wants to make a album in a "Steers" paper cup. Seriously!!!!

So yesterday I visited Mugg and Bean, they only had a foam cup...but I am stubborn so I thought I will make it work....so when I folded it, it snapped in half....lol! Back to the drawing board...I have now re-printed the scanned cup on matte photo paper...but I want the real thing Rolling Eyes . So today I am going to check out Woolies for a cup...then hopefully I will be able to put it all together tonight. So I am placing a few photo's for you to have a good giggle at my expense.

Here you see my cups, my snapped Mugg and Bean cup and the undesirable Steers cup. ROTFL

Here you can see how far I have come with my two sweet little albums...I am planning to keep the coffee cup album to fill with photos of our vacation in Plettenberg Bay where we are going next week. My little sleeve album I am going to use for photos of my sweet grandchildren. You will also see that I did not use the sleeve but made my cover out of handmade textured paper...I will keep you updated with my progress.
And just to show you I have actually completed a lovely family mini album before. Here is pics of my beautiful Circle album. I can post the step-by-step for this on my blog if you girls are interested.

If you are interested in the tutorial for this, just leave me a comment.
Big Hug

Lynette

17 comments:

  1. Lynette - this family album is awesome - please make a tutorial!!!
    and good luch with the cup hunting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for your comment on my blog. You are really busy finding the right cup. I used a milkshake cup from Mc Donalds and printed the starbucktemplate on watercolorpaper, taped that to the cup (and cut it a little because the cup was 1 cm bigger). I even did the watercoloring, only you don't want to touch the ink, then it bleeds (I didn't care). I need to make pics and post them (maybe tonight). Een prettige dag :)
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette, this is fantastic, good luck with Wilna's class, i am also doing it, but have not done anything yet.
    take care
    k
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your circle album is FABULOUS!! I would love to see a tutorial! That is so sweet that your hubby drove around with you to find the right cup!! What a man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The circle album is SO AWESOME!!! I love it! Way to be so persistent with your coffee cup album! If you need the Starbucks cups, I can try and send some to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your class projects and your circle album is AWESOME! I'd love to know how to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...you made my day :o)

    Keep persevering with that cup!!!!!
    And that circle book design is fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a mission getting that perfect cup ... hope you will succeed. These creations are stunning, but look like you require some serious volumes of brain juice ... Well done. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, that circle journal is amazing! Was it difficult to make because it sure looks like it would take a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That circle album is amazing. I'd love to see a tutorial on it....and possibly teach it as a class at my LSS here in Canada....would you mind?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love a tutorial on your circle album -- I've never seen anything like it! :) :) I am also very impressed with your persistence on finding a cup that will work. Maybe get some watercolour paper -- it is thicker and won't collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynette, I found your blog while visiting Ingvild Bolme's blog. Your Circle Album is fantastic and I would love to see a tutorial. LOL about your cup search. Did you drink all the contents along the way?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the email. I'd love a tutorial. You can send it to disley21616@yahoo.ca Thanks Lynette!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, yes - I need a tutorial !
    It´s so fabulous and great and ... my simple english don´t have enough words for it ;-)
    Just: I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette! I love this album. I have seen something like this in the past and have always always always wondered how in the world to do it. I would LOVE a tutorial on how to...it would make my whole day. That mini album of the coffe is so cute too but that circle thing I just would love to know how to do it.

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that, please can I also have a tutorial on it!!!

    sophia@theallisons.co.za

    Just been browsing your blog, and enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great mini album. Love the circle one. Is the tutorial available for it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥