Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

July Personal Scrapper Kit layouts

I managed to finish my last layout of the June Personal Scrapper Kit.

My goal was to use up my July kit....the kit was Paper Salon - Glad Rags. It was quite a challenge because these are not colours I would normally choose to use...but a challenge is good?
This first layout is with photos taken in 1991 at Ratanga Junction.
In November 1992 Wynand was run over by a car...his leg was badly broken...and he ended up spending nearly six months in plaster...but other than that he had only cuts and bruises...you realise how precious your loved ones are when something like that happens.
We used to go caravaning frequently when the children were younger. Here we are on the banks of the Keurbooms River in January 1994.
A trip on the Apple Express to Loerie for the Nartjie Festival....very fun but very tiring.
My sister Ansie's little boy Alex on his first birthday...as you can see I am enjoying stitching my layouts. A very good new use for my sewing machine don't you think?
This was my last layout with the kit...I used all the left over bits and pieces for matting. Incredible working with all these old pics...brings back many memories.

6 comments:

  1. I love all your layouts, but I really like the top one with the Scenic Route papers and how you angled the frame - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts with the July kit inspire me. I've had a hard time working with this kit. I'll be lifting some of your LO's. BTW, I love the heartfelt stories you tell with your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, all your LO's are beautiful! I think it's great all the info you include about the photos of each LO, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Lynette! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you do so many 2 page LO's. I have a hard time with the 2 pagers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy. Lovely layouts indeed. Warm regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥